A Quality time visit to: Minuteman Missile National Historic Site..
“The man who saved the world dies aged 77: Soviet military officer who averted World War Three when radar fault showed US had launched nuclear missiles at Russia passes away
- Stanislav Petrov was monitoring early-warning radar in Moscow in 1983
- At height of Cold War, system showed America had launched five nukes
- Petrov reported the alert as a false reading, but said his decision was '50/50'
- It emerged the reading was a dud, generated by sunlight reflecting off clouds
- Petrov passed away aged 77 in a small home located just outside of Moscow” Read More 9/18/2017
“Minuteman Missile National Historic Site was established in 1999 to illustrate the history and significance of the Cold War, the arms race, and intercontinental ballistic missile development. Address: 24545 CottonWood Road, Philip, SD 57567”
Because of time constraints we were only able to check out the visitor center & museum.
Tours of the Delta-01 Launch Control Facility are offered daily and you can visit an actual Delta-09 missile silo……Read More & More Photos
I remember those days and it wasn’t fun & games…Real Scary
For a real in depth article check this out:: Oscar-Zero: Notes from a Nuclear Tourist ….. Did you practice “duck and cover” drills at your school?????
What do you think about this statement????
I will end this post with the Prayer of Saint Francis
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a Quality Time and Peaceful day.