MY QUALITY TIME BLOG #WISDOM #JOKES.
Today's Quotes..... "A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."
"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."
"Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles."
"A President needs political understanding to run the government, but he may be elected without it."
"The difficulty with businessmen entering politics, after they've had a successful business career, is that they want to start at the top."
"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."
-Harry S Truman MY QUALITY TIME BLOG #WISDOM #JOKES.
FACTS OF THE DAY
Cucumbers... I didn't know this... and to think all these years I've only been making salads with the cucumbers...
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
Post a Comment